I’m a man and my dream behind WomenAreVotes is a world led by women with “chapters” all over the world, they could take be a pressure group, a political party, or an advocacy group. Though isn’t it ironic that women ARE votes, and yet, they are not even humans in many countries of the world, and most often, in their very own sacred places of protection and nurture, their homes. A Bollywood flick Highway remains etched in my end with images of a woman abused by her protectors
Because us men have given the world disasters from tyrants like Pharoahs, Nimrod, mass killers like Genghis Khan, Hitler, Saddam Hussain, Gaddafi, Osama Bin Laden, to idiotic world leaders (need I take names? Some are mentioned with their stupendous quotes several times a day on mainstream media)
I have been abused and given death threats for standing up for women of Pakistan, and the world. That’s because I’m a Pakistani, but trust me, the threats would have flowed all the same even if I was a national of say 90% of the world we live in where women are treated like garbage. India, many in South America, Africa. In fact, GlobalCitizen points out 5 countries where it is “worst” to be a woman. According to Vox, the internet is full of men from all over the world who hate feminism
- According to Harvard Business Review, scientific evidence supports Women as better leaders. Pew Research published findings were also inclined in favor of women
- Replicon counted 17 reasons why women are better leaders than men. Among them: empathy, WLB, better listeners, nurturing, pro teamwork, multitaskers, seek challenges, better communicators, dreamers, better crisis managers, wear many hats (don’t we know that? mother, wife, sister, worker), keep egos in check, more emotionally intelligent, flexible, lead by example, defy the odds and above all, make their job appear effortless!
- Barack Obama said: “If women ran every country in the world there would be a general improvement in living standards and outcomes” as endorsed by the LatinAmericanPost later
The more I struggled in this area, since 2016, the more people I met, I was told that often it is women who are the worst enemies of other women. People blamed women for not uniting, revolting and gaining power, as generally power transitions have happened through the ages. I think it is due centuries of domination of us me, a mass “Stockholm Syndrome” trough the ages where women learned to become better wives, better sisters, better mothers, better daughters, but not necessarily better persons. Because their lives revolved around men, from cradle to gave. In pre-Islamic Arabia it was a common practice to bury a girl child, alive! Imagine a mother, a brother, a father who partakes or endures in such a practice? Well you can! For even in today’s world “(dis)honor killing” is common in India, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan and many other countries, to the extent that when these people “migrate to the West” they don’t stop it even if they are EU or UK or other Western world citizens!
The “crimes” women are murdered for often range from such reprehensible acts as of “marrying or eloping with someone with their own free will” often from another faith, caste or social strata.
- In India, a low caste marriage resulted in the groom’s gruesome death, dragged outside of an Indian Court in the presence of police and judges, and beaten to death
- British Pakistani Samira Nazeer was brutally murdered for marrying an Afghani man. “After an argument, her brother Azhar Nazir (30) and a cousin, Imran (17), murdered her by stabbing her more than 18 times using four knives. The attack was performed in front of other family members, including two of her nieces, aged two and four.“
- A pregnant 14 year old Afghani teen was murdered, set on fire by her in-laws because her dad eloped with a girl from the groom’s family
- Two Afghan men granted asylum in the UK for helping Allies troops in the Afghan war murdered their 25 year old Afghan daughter for renouncing her faith and choosing to do whatever she liked with her body
- US President Donald Trump, is on record for his remarks on women, that I find too low to repeat here in words
- A 2-1/2 year old, angelic, American girl, Riley Ann S
- awyers, was gruesomely murdered by her step-father and her biological mother in Galveston Bay, Texas, for not being “obedient”
I think women have had enough!
But do women agree? I’d love to see a strong woman or a group of women rise and shine? I’d love to hear from you, connect with us and attempt to rewrite human history. It all starts with a dream…
WhatsApp +923205345555 Email Crystal.Kazmi@gmail.com